Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Haven't Felt THAT In Awhile!


We just had an earthquake a couple hours ago! It was a 5.4 - so nothing too major. But it sure scared the heck out of me! I honestly haven't felt an earthquake in probably like 7 years, so it came as a bit of a shock. At first there was a loud thump, so I thought maybe something out on the patio fell down. But then the office started shaking and I could hear things in the living room rattling. Brother and I looked at each other and ran to the kitchen doorway. As we stood there holding on, all I could think was "Is this going to get worse? Is our building going to collapse?" And then just as soon as it started, it was over. Everything was fine. My bro and I sort of laughed at each other and then I ran to check on Hubby. He had felt it, but thought he was just getting dizzy or something. By the time he even realized what was happening, it was pretty much done.

That's one way to jump-start your day, huh? We turned on the news immediately after the shake and for the past few hours, all they've been talking about is "The Big One". This obviously wasn't it, but when will it be? How much damage will it do? Will we survive?

I don't want to think about that stuff! So I turned off the news and went back to work.

3 comments:

treen+5 said...

AHHH how scary.. I'm glad is wasn't "The Big One". Honestly when I read the title my imagination took off as I tried to guess what THAT was. Funny.

amy said...

I do not miss those at all!!! Way to survive woman! I love the new blog look!!! So very cute and cute! Did you make your cute picture thing on the side??? I also love all the beautiful pictures at the bottom!!! Man I miss you! Funny...Paul thought he was dizzy.

dxeechick said...

Thanks cuz! I did make the picture on the side. Jake is crafty enough that he helped me put it into the HTML. Otherwise, I would've never figured that out!!