Monday, April 28, 2008

Lucky, Blessed, Happy - All Good Things!

Wow, it has been so busy over the last couple weeks that I haven't even read anyone's blog, let alone written in my own.

After my trip to Utah, I started my new job working from home. That has been fun and challenging. I thought I would be bored at first, but there really hasn't been time for that to happen! When I came on, we were a little behind on things, so I've been playing a lot of catch-up, especially before a whole new batch of jobs comes in next month. We have like 300 jobs pending! I sure didn't see that coming!

We've had to hire some extra people to help us out, so I've recruited my brother from Missouri to stay with us and be my assistant for a little while. And my sister in Utah is helping us build a database, so she gets to work from home too. It's really crazy and exciting the way things are working out. It totally reaffirms my faith and allows me to be okay with trusting my instincts. I was so scared to quit my job, but went for it anyway. And we have been so blessed and rewarded for just going for it! PHEW! Let's hope things keep on the up and up!

This last weekend was hubby's birthday and we had a blast celebrating his 29th. I think he felt really happy that so many people came out to party with him. Everyone was so sweet and generous. We are also so lucky to be surrounded with such great friends!

Do I sound a little TOO grateful?

Well, here. I'll tell you downer story too. I had some wisdom teeth issues come up - almost 4 months AFTER my surgery! A piece of bone got left in my gums somehow and got infected - it was horrible. But I ain't mad. I took some Penicillin and I'm all better now. As long as I can eat solid foods I will take it as it comes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not know that you were older then Paul! I know those few months make a huge difference, but I married a younger man too (easier to train)he he. So are you going to employ all of the Nugent family cause you know my dad needs a job too. I think it is great that everything is going so well, soak it up and love it, you deserve it, except for the wisdom teeth, OUCH!! Love you!