Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fatty McGee

Today was a really nice day again. Didn't need a jacket or a sweater. Wished I was at the beach instead of at work. I even went so far as to run to the gym instead of walk. But after the all the harrassment I got, I decided I will never run in daylight again.

After the first block, a couple guys drove by and started cat-calling and yelling "Hey baby! Woo!" Probably because my boobs were bouncing around like a couple water balloons. I'm sorry, but sports bras don't do that much - just makes them bounce in a synchronized fashion.

After the second block, I ran into a few teenage boys sitting on the corner. They were not so nice as to cat-call though. One of them actually said, under his breath, "Yeah, run fat ass." Now, keep in mind this is not the first time that has happened to me. When I was living in Glendale, I tried going for walks occassionally and there was a time that some kids drove by and shouted "You better start running, fat girl!" I ignored them, but I was BOILING inside. I said so many swear words in my head that I offended myself.

This time, I didn't ignore them. I stopped running. I turned around. I said, "Did you just say something to me?" After a moment of silence and some wide-eyed stares, once of them said, "Uh. Oh, no. We weren't talking to you." I gave them a look and a Mmm-hmmm. And kept running.

It's amazing. No matter how nice of a day you are having, or how confident you might feel about yourself - if someone calls you fat (and you actually hear it) that can really get to you! Even though they were just a few stinkin' 13-year olds. So, needless to say, I had a great workout because I was pretty heated. I didn't swear in my head as much, but I told Hubby that if our kids ever call someone fat so they can hear it, they WILL get smacked upside the head.

Damn kids.

4 comments:

amy said...

oh my gosh!!! that is super crud and mean!!!! I am so glad you stopped them and said something...but I wish you would have pulled their ears or something.

Anonymous said...

I also wish you would have pulled their ears. Seriously though, you have no idea even in the small town of hurricane how many times I've been called a 'fag' because I'm skating down the road. It doesn't seem like I would be offended by such a meaningless word, and they kind of make themselves sound like idiots anyways, but I wish they were sitting at a corner instead of driving by so I could smash their faces with a solid steel skateboard axle. (See how mad it makes me? Seems stupid) Drive by name-calling clicks me into a fiery rage, but all I can do is keep skating because a second later they are gone. I love how scared kids get when someone actually has the guts to stand up for themselves.

Jeannie said...

You go Girl!!! heck about pulling ears how bout a good swift pop in the mouth where their lip get hit by their own teeth !! or a good washing out of their mouths! Hey, Jaana about the boob run in time they will be like field mice, I know! hee hee

Anonymous said...

People are assholes. Try wearing two sports bras. I do, it helps a little. :)