Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Design On A Dime

All of a sudden, I had the urge to redecorate a little bit. I didn't want it to be too expensive or take too much time, but I needed a change. So after a couple trips to Macy's and Target, I was able to change around some things to liven up the house.

In the living room, I changed the curtains from an eggplant purple to a golden yellow. I also added a couple new yellow throw pillows and an old yellow blanket that used to be in the guest room. The living room was decorated in such dark colors before. So I like the mix of the original purple and brown with the new pop of yellow thrown in. Looks much brighter in here!

For the master bedroom, I changed the curtains from an ugly cream to a carolina blue, and bought a new bedspread. Actually I bought two bedspreads because I couldn't decide which one I wanted. There's a blue one that is a little more fancy and really makes the room look nice. I also got a thin quilt (pictured) that is a little more casual, and perfect for summer. I love both of them for different reasons. And I was smart enough to buy the curtains that match both, so that didn't help me decide.

This is typically how the process goes. Whatever the decision might be - where to eat for dinner, what color eyeshadow I should get, which fashion magazine I should subscribe to - I can usually narrow it down to 2 choices, but have such a hard time making the final decision! Hopefully the husband can be of assistance on this one when he gets home.

Or maybe I can keep both and one day when we have more than 2 rooms, I'll put all my bedspreads to good use!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

yay!

Anonymous said...

wow! i think that's the cleanest i've every seen your room! and the changes are nice, it does seem a lot brighter, except for in the mornings when the sun is shining RIGHT in your face :) ps i love you

pps gadoo is funny in that pic

dxeechick said...

i will be honest - i hid some stuff in the bathroom for the picture. that's why it looks so amazingly clean. and probably why gadoo looks so surprised... haha! its still an improvement though. :)

Stacey said...

Jaana!! Of course I remember you. I'm all grown up now if you can believe it. Your blog is cute! You and your husband look so great together.

It's been so long. I don't remember the last time I saw you. Maybe Amy's wedding. Your hair is adorable bytheway.

So glad we found eachother!

Nuge News said...

You gave me some more incouragment to finally get the living room curtains selected and put up. I am fevereshly looking for just the right ones. I have been bit by the cleaning bee also, so perhaps in another week the house will look amazing! (It really needs it!) I will send pictures later! Stay well! MOM

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

Hello again! I just had to leave another comment since I now have my OWN google account with a picture! How cool is that!