Monday, July 16, 2012

Kiddie Pool

I thought I had a genius idea when I found a kiddie pool at KMart.  Ten bucks and it was tiny enough to fit on the front porch.  With how much this kid loves the bath, and how much I hate going to the park when its really hot, I thought this would be our new summer thing.

The vision was clear: I would sit in a shady spot, soak my feet, & read a book while the boy would spend several happy hours a day splashing around.  We'd share an occasional smile, but he'd be too busy to really notice me.  Dave Matthews Band is playing in the background.  We are carefree and all the photos in my head are faded light and sunbursts.  Bubbles from somewhere float around our heads.  A toy would fall over the side, and I'd give Stevie a look.  Then we would laugh.  There would be butterflies too, I think.  Maybe a rainbow.

Granted, I never read, so it was a totally unrealistic dream...

This is his Pool Face 
Which has now been dashed.  We'll find something else to do I'm sure.  Or maybe he'll get used to it?  The first time, I knew it was too cold.  I had made the water warm, but not warm enough.  So after 2 minutes, he was wet and there was a breeze.  Not a good combo.  The next time, I made the water really warm so it would be like the bath.  I don't know why he doesn't like it.  I think it's because he knows the spit can't reach my face.


Any fun summer ideas you can share?  Please?

2 comments:

amy said...

this is the funniest post ever! it seriously made me laugh right out loud! especially the part of your vision...(trust me those won't stop..since i have them too)....so funny....and how you would laugh and the smiling...and butterflies....am I the only one that thinks you're hilarious! i love you!

amy said...

oh we were supposed to leave ideas....i'll get back to you on this...