Sunday, May 13, 2012

This Mother's Day...

I slept until 8:30.  My husband suggested I sleep until noon, but I didn't want the day to get away from me. A sure sign that I'm getting old!

I watched the "1st Mother's Day" video that my husband made for me last year.  I cried.  Again.

I had a week filled with lovely surprises, including chocolate covered strawberries and flowers.

I started the day with Challah Bread French Toast.  Yumma.

My gift from the huz was out of this world.  It gave me heart palpitations.  Can you guess what it was?  (Get your mind outta the gutter!)

Stevie gave me kisses in his own special way.  With a big open mouth.  Around here we call them bah-cheegs.

I did some ironing.  Hey, some things need to get done regardless.

We went to visit the in-laws, delicious lunch in hand.

Had some Chocolate Malted Krunch, even though my stomach was full.

I changed one diaper and had one Diet Coke.

I ate Lucky Charms for dinner.

Good Mother's Day.

I won't get too deep and personal on the topic of motherhood, because I think being a Mother is deep & personal to everyone in their own unique way.  I can tell you that every mom I know is a rock star in my book though.  I always heard that being a mom is the hardest job in the world.  ...and then it was proven, when I got my ass handed to me - repeatedly - by this little bug.


Yes, its the hardest job in the world by a long shot.
As with anything difficult, it comes with big rewards.

Happy Mother's Day to my fellow mamas.  You all inspire and amaze me in ways you probably don't realize.

No comments: