Saturday, March 17, 2012

Eye Surgery Postponed AGAIN.

So... Stevie was supposed to have eye surgery in January.  But as you may recall, that got postponed at the last minute.  We have been waiting patiently for his rescheduled operation this coming Monday.

This past week was spent at pre-op appointments and on the phone getting things squared away.  Friday morning, he woke up with green snot running down his face.  A cold.  So I spent the morning on the phone with his eye doctor, Children's Hospital, and his pediatrician.  Surgery would have to be postponed once again.

Bah.

Since it's an elective procedure and especially because he has an underlying condition, he must be completely symptom free for 4 weeks.  No cough of any kind, no cold, no nothing.  Healthy as an ox.

So again we wait.  This time, we have to postpone until mid-June.

I am trying not to feel frustrated.  Everyone keeps telling me it's a good thing.  It's for a reason.  But my main concern is that his eye sight is so bad, it is delaying his development more and more.  Also, I'm a little sick of patching his eyes.  I'm anxious to get it done.

Not that I have much of a choice at this point.  So June it is.  Fingers crossed.

No comments: