Monday, December 5, 2011

Mommy Faux Pas #7

My husband is really great. Especially in the mornings. He gets up with Stephen first, gives him his meds, changes his diaper, feeds him, etc. It gives me the much needed relaxation I need before facing the day.

This morning I thought I would help, and put Stephen in his highchair while papa prepared his breakfast. I don't usually strap the kid in because... well, I'm lazy. And the highchair tray holds him in just fine. However, I failed to mention this to my poor husband and when he was done feeding him, he took the tray off not realizing that Stevie wasn't buckled in. Forward goes the wiggle worm, slamming his head on the dining room table and giving my husband a small heart attack as he tries to grab the falling child.

There were tears.

From all of us.

Oops.

2 comments:

HomeView, LLC. said...

No tears from me, just palpitations.

We still love you babe.

:)

amy said...

awww little peanut! I am so sorry! I'm lazy too...it happens.