Monday, October 17, 2011

Paranoia

Today we were a little paranoid. But we're ok with it. Better safe than sorry.

Middle of the night, Stephen had a low grade fever of 100.2 and a little redness around one of his incisions (where chest tube #2 was). For the past 24 hours, he has been a horrible grump. Occasional crying and constant complaining. Loudly. Nothing really seems to make him feel better - food, naps, love, or Tylenol with codeine.

So we called the nurse practitioner at Children's Hospital and they said they would take a look at him. Which they did. And they didn't see any cause for concern.

His fever went away quickly, but the complaining continues.

I guess I'd be complaining too if I just had open heart surgery. And constipation. And new teeth coming in.

Poor boo.

2 comments:

Krista said...

seriously! boo!

PBJ Mommy said...

I wouldn't call that paranoia I would call that being cautious and wise.
My biggest regret is that I just KNEW that something wasn't quite right when we first got discharged. I mentioned it to the nurses but allowed them to brush aside my worries and look where that got us.
So glad to hear that Steven is doing better and HOME!