Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cali-Bound

My brother and his wife FINALLY came to visit! They live all the way over in Southern Missouri (close to Joplin) and took quite a road-trip for their vacation. They stopped in New Mexico and Arizona before reaching us and will be stopping in Utah and Nebraska on their way home.

I had so much fun with them here. Of course I got to be the L.A. Tour Guide again (my specialty) and things were a little different with baby in tow. But Stephen was honestly so great as we were out sight-seeing, it was a pleasure bringing him along. I'm convinced that he just loves being out of the house and seeing new things - apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

My SIL has never been to California, so in the short amount of time they were here, we walked around in Hollywood and Santa Monica, they went to a Conan taping (I know - so lucky!), we ate at some of the CA hot spots, and enjoyed playing catch up. They were so awesome with Stevie too, he absolutely adored both of them. One of these days I will get them to stay longer, but this was just a perfect little trip to see where we live and meet their nephew. And the good news is I will be going out their way in a few weeks, so I get to see them again so soon! I'm usually lucky to see them once a year, so twice in one summer is pretty great!

Our impressions of "People trying to be sexy, but they're just NOT". Hahaha, I don't know!

2 comments:

Krista said...

i love it, we definitely need another IFR soon!!!

absolutebob said...

Whatever, I'm way sexy.