Monday, February 21, 2011

Visitors

We had a really nice weekend. My mom and step-dad came from Southern Utah for a visit. It was the first time the little guy got to meet his Grandpa Ron and it was great. Lots of smiles and kisses going around.

I had a wedding to shoot on Saturday and it was my first time being away from the baby for that long. My mom and Sis-In-Law baby-sat as a team and from what I hear, he was a perfect angel (of course!) It was hard being away from him though. Before I left, I had to kiss him about 20 times and I missed him the most about halfway through the day. When I got home, it was back to the same old routine of feeding, pumping and changing diapers and I wondered why I was in such a rush to get home. But when he gave me his goofy little smiles and sweet little face, I quickly remembered.

On Sunday night, we got both sides of the family together for dinner at BJ's and that was a lot of fun. My Father-In-Law always has stories to tell and he wants to tell them to anyone who will listen, so he was happy to have a new set of ears and share his tales. Plus, there were Pizzookies. Can't complain there.

My family left this morning (after watching the baby again so I could make a quick trip to Target) and I was sad to see them go. The visits always go by so quickly. But I'm so grateful they made the effort to come all the way out here and are getting to know Stevie. Having good people in his life will only make him a better little person.

3 comments:

PBJ Mommy said...

I can't believe how big he looks and so beautiful! Such a sweet little face.
I crave (ya know before all this happened) time away from my son and then missed him the second I was away.
It's a Mom thing.

amy said...

I agree, he looks so big in this picture! He is so cute!!! I have been thinking of you tons and wondering how you have been doing. I am glad you had some family for a visit. That is so nice. Missing and loving you lots!

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

I had so much fun with our little wonder boy! He is so cute with all the funny faces he makes. I am looking forward to coming out again - and soon! Can't get enough baby time. Love and hugs. Mummi!