Monday, November 29, 2010

Date Night

If I haven't mentioned it lately, I have a pretty sweet husband. He's been on hiatus from work for the past 5 weeks - not that he's had much time to relax. He's been working his butt off trying to get this house in order. But when he takes time off, I always get way too used to him being home. Then I don't want him to go back to work. It's too much fun having him here.

Well the time has arrived where he must go back. So even though we've gone out plenty of times in the last few weeks (you know... dinner, movies, simple stuff like that) I told him "Before you go back to work, we should have a date night." I always throw in that it might be the last time we will ever be alone too, just to rub in the baby factor. Of course, he had no objections. He likes food and movies as much as the next guy.

But then we made the mistake of going to Target.

Oh, Target. We are there like 3 times a week and can never seem to leave the store without spending $100+. I mean we literally had 5 things on our list and walked out with much, much more. And none of it was even frivolous spending! Mostly food and necessities (this time.) So as that little green cash register number got closer and closer to $200, I said to him "You know, maybe we should just stay in tonight... *GULP*" He agreed and so I prepared myself for a Sunday night of TV watching and bean burritos. No big deal, but date night would have to wait.

Cut to a few hours later - my adorable husband is in the kitchen preparing a real honest-to-goodness dinner. Pork chops, rice, veggies, AND he was cute enough to set the table with place settings and top it all off with some sparkling cider in wine glasses. He didn't want me to go without my date night. So we enjoyed our food, some conversation at the table and watched Friday Night Lights with the fireplace going. It was one of the best date nights I could've asked for.

And it all took place in my yoga pants.

He wins!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Awe.

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

Jaana,
You deserve a wonderful husband and he certainly is the best!!! How sweet can it get!! All you men out there reading this - watch and learn. Love you both.
MOM

Krista said...

that is just awesome... i'm so glad you have someone to treat you so good because you deserve that at the least... miss you sissy!

The Martz Guppies said...

Now that IS a GOOD GUY! Love it! Thanks for sharing...I love happy stories and LOVE!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I love that you have a happy marriage....and how sad it is that I think that is refreshing! I, too share the Target love....especially Super Target!

-Laurie

Anonymous said...

I heart Target and I heart your life too! :)

--Heather