Friday, November 26, 2010

127 Hours

I went into this movie not knowing anything about it, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's based on the true story of Aron Ralston who was trapped while hiking in Utah a few years back. You probably know how it ends, but if you don't, stay away from the link! After watching the movie, I did remember hearing this story in the news. James Franco was the lead (which is about the only information I had going in - and what sold me on seeing it) and he was great. It had some really intense moments and you can't help but imagine yourself and what you would do in a life or death situation like that. I like to hope that I would fight it out, but I also know what a wimp I am.

The thing I didn't like about the movie was it sometimes was a little too much like "I Shouldn't Be Alive". I know there's only so much you can do with a story like this, but it didn't feel that different from the TV show, except for freakin' James Franco. (I love him.)



No comments: