Thursday, September 24, 2009

That Husband of Mine

Today is our leather anniversary - three years! Obviously, we've been together a lot longer than that, but this is the big day. This is the day that is most important to us. When I look back on our wedding day, there are some little things I would've done differently. Maybe I would have gone all out on the shoes and dress instead of bargain hunting. I might have invited more people and not worried so much about overdoing it. Or I could have had my hair professionally styled. Maybe let the party run longer and just danced all night. Heck, I might have gone on a diet before-hand to look better in that bargain dress!

But when I look back on our lives together, there's nothing I could change. We met when we were 18 years old. At that time, we weren't ready for a lifelong commitment. At least, we didn't think so. And a few years into it, we broke up. We spent years apart. And after struggling without each other, we both realized how much better off we were together. I wouldn't change "The Break-up Era" because we both grew so much during that time. We both needed to see who we were without each other to realize how great we were with each other.

And I don't mean to brag, but man! We are a good match. We honestly don't have a lot of problems. We don't have many downs. We don't argue very often. If we do, we are quick to forgive each other. We have a very open and honest relationship. It's not always easy to be honest with each other. But that has helped us through the few bad days we've had. He's seen me at my best and my worst and loves me either way. Our biggest issue is the fact that we have all this love to share, and are not able to have children yet! But we are trying really hard to be patient. (He's a little better at that than I am.) One of the most important factors in our relationship is the laughter. He makes me laugh pretty much every day. We just really like making each other happy. No joke. We are like each others own personal stand-up comedians. Things might be very different if we didn't laugh.

Anyway, I don't want everyone to be thinking "Oh, gag!" if I go on and on. So I will just say happy 3rd anniversary to my honey. He's my Man BFF. Haha..

4 comments:

amy said...

AHHH Happy Anniversary!! I hope you guys are doing something fun and amazing, if not now than hopefully some plans are in the works. I sure love you both, I hope it is a wonderful day!!

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

Just yesterday I was looking over at our yard and marveled how pretty everything is this time of the year. And your wedding day was a beautiful event in all of our lives! You wanting to have the wedding in our backyard seemed so fitting and perfect. I couldn't be happier for you! You both are so special - I love you! Happy Anniversary!
Hugs,
MOM

Alicia said...

No gagging here at all! Soul mates are very real and I am a fellow believer. So happy you are so happy! (How's that for redundancy?)

Krista said...

okay, so you made me wallow up, no fair! you guys are so great together!! and he has been one of the best additions to this oh so crazy family! love you both SOOO much, happy anniversary!!


love always, tristal :)