Monday, October 18, 2010

Darn!

Last week I had a Glucose Challenge Test done to test for gestational diabetes. To get the test, you first have to starve yourself, then you have to drink a sickeningly sweet sugar water, then you have to wait around for an hour before having your blood drawn.

Test results came back a little high.
Boo.
So on to the next test...

Soon I will be taking the Glucose Tolerance Test. Basically the same procedure, but you drink a sugar water that's about 3x's as sweet as the first one, then you have to wait around for three hours, getting your blood drawn every hour.

Super fun. Can't wait.

1 comment:

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

Oh crappy!! I had to take the test a few times and I remember it being quite nasty tasting stuff. I mean I have a sweet tooth, but that was ridiculous. You would have thought they improve on that stuff over the eyears!? As always - I miss you and love you. HUGS!