Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pregnancy Sucks!

There I said it. I know it's a miracle and it's wonderful and I shouldn't be complaining. But I'm not going to lie. It's been hard too. A lot harder than I thought. Not because I'm tired (which I am) or sick (which I was) or fat (which I'm getting there) but because it is stressful! We tried getting pregnant for a long time, and when it finally happened, we were apprehensive but excited. I remember telling my husband "I think I'm really going to love being pregnant." I felt like I was just ready for this. But some challenges have come our way and when doctors start using words like genetic counseling and placenta previa, you can't help but sometimes fear the worst. I know things will be OK, but those little doubts creep in once in awhile and make you wonder if you should have ever felt like you'd be good at this in the first place.

We don't have it as hard as some couples, and I do remind myself daily to just be grateful. And not all days are hard. The days that are good are really, really good. And the excitement outweighs the worry. I had my first dream about holding the baby and it was pure bliss! Plus, I gotta say, I really love wearing maternity pants. I never knew such a comfortable thing existed. So there's always that.

Of all the people to be bad at documenting such a momentous time in our lives - that has been me. This is seriously the first belly picture I've taken. 19 weeks! (21 more to go?) I'm gonna be huuuuge!! :)

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Dude.
Seriously, I'll never understand those gals that tell everyone how much they looove being pregnant. I hear you, it's awesome and seriously a miracle, but c'mon... get real.

You look hott though. Really. You have a great mommy glow.

Krista said...

awwww... sissy!! i can't wait to see your face!

Stacey said...

You look great! I remember the day my belly was that small. Now it's about to pop any day. It's real hard to share your body with someone else. Especially when the docs tell you weird things. Keep on keeping on girl.

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

You are absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!