Friday, July 16, 2010

Holy Crap! We Just Went to Finland!!

What a great experience! My Mom grew up in Finland, and I still have a good chunk of family that lives there. I went once when I was about 2 years old, but obviously don't remember it at all. My cousin got married, so it was just the perfect excuse for me and hubs to go. I kept a daily journal so I wouldn't forget anything, but it will take some time to get that condensed and posted. As you might have guessed, we also took a crap-load of photos. So out of 1,500 pics, this is one I will share with you for now...


This is what Finland looks like at almost 11pm in the middle of summer. It was so weird that it never really got completely dark. Maybe for like an hour around midnight, and then the sun would be raising again at 1am. Glad I got to see this first hand, although it didn't make getting over jet lag any easier!

More to come...

No comments: